In the medieval Diocese of Ross there were no Deaneries. The administrative arrangements saw the parishes treated as a single entity even after the Diocese was expanded, c.1220, by the addition of of North Argyll and its associated churches (parishes) of Kintail, Lochalsh, Lochcarron, Applecross, Gairloch and Lochbroom.

 

In all cases the churches are given their Ordnance Survey Grid Reference Number in standard format.

Where known, the church 'remains' are also given their RCAHMS Catalogue Number. These numbers may be used to speed up searches on the excellent RCAHMS "Canmore" Database.

 
This is a 'work in progress' and, currently, there are few pictures to go with the descriptions of the parishes. We hope the reader will be patient! We would also welcome any contributions from individuals who may have photographs that they would be willing to let us use.

{These pages use the "Kingthings Calligraphica" typeface which is readily available on many 'free fonts' sites.}

 

2011  Cushnie Enterprises